WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
Some of the activities we have implemented to align with the ACT Government's information & advice are below:
• Avoid using collection plates and other shared equipment during service
• Limit the use of books, if possible.
• Clean any shared equipment and books between each use.
• Keep the number of church leaders and others involved in the service to a minimum and ask them to remain physically distanced
• Singing carries a high risk due to increased droplet spread. While singing is currently permitted in the ACT, venues and event organisers should take steps to minimise the risks associated with this activity.
• Choirs and performers should maintain a minimum of 1.5 metres from each other and two metres way from the audience/ congregation.
• Congregational singing is discouraged. However, if congregations wish to allow singing they need to include this in their COVID Safety Plan and ensure that members maintain a minimum of 1.5 metres from each other whilst singing.
• Additional cleaning should be undertaken of areas or equipment in range of singers/performers.
• Minimise the number of choir members in each service. Choir members should stay at least two metres away from the congregation, those conducting the service/event and, if possible, 1.5 metres from each other when singing.
• Minimise the number of musicians in each service. Musicians must stay at 1.5 metres away from the congregation, those conducting the service and, if possible, each other.
• Encourage physical distancing of 1.5 metres between each group or household.
• Increase the frequency of cleaning for high touch areas and restroom facilities.